Soccer has become one of the fastest-growing sports to watch in the United States, and according to U.S. Youth Soccer, more than 3 million players participate in the sport annually.
Managing teams, leagues and soccer clubs can require a lot of time, effort and funds.
Here are 7 different ways you can generate revenue for your organization.
- Bake sales: A bake sale is a great, introductory fundraising activity for all soccer athletes in different age groups. These are relatively inexpensive to host and almost always extremely successful—after all, who doesn’t love some homemade baked goods?
- Soccer camps: This seems like an obvious one. This is a great way to spread awareness about your program while also providing a service for the community and helping generate interest in the sport. These take a bit more planning, and you need to be able to structure the event and find times and places to host the event. Luckily, we know of a great option for you to easily register participants in your camp.
- Tournaments: Tournaments are an awesome way to generate funds for your program while also generating revenue for your community, as well. These require more planning and a greater budget to get started, but it’s possible to manage these on a tight budget so you can maximize profit for your organization.
- Silent auction: Silent auctions are a low-risk, high-reward fundraising opportunity. This requires planning and collecting donated items from different vendors, businesses and local organizations.
- Fun run/5K: 5K races are great ways to encourage people in your community to be active, as well as generate revenue for local sports teams. These typically require sponsorships, volunteers and permits from the local government to barricade roads and designate a course for your race.
- Raffles: With a 50/50 raffle, half of the money you collect goes straight to your organization. These have a relatively low barrier for entry and with a bit of planning and salesmanship, you can generate a significant amount of revenue.
- Sponsorships: Sponsorships are going to be one of the best ways to generate a significant amount of revenue. We have a new feature on the Pickle Juice platform that gives people the ability to set up different sponsorship packages or levels. Admins can include an image, list the items included in each option available to purchase and more.
Easier than ever before to host fundraisers
When it comes to online fundraising, Pickle Juice allows you to create and share campaigns without using third-party vendors. You can easily set your goals, communicate with your athletes and parents, and accept donations from your account.
We’ve also updated our fundraising feature to allow you to set up individual fundraising links for athletes. You can track donations back to a specific athlete with individual fundraising links by adding an entire group of athletes to a fundraiser and then sending them their link with a click of a button.
If you want to learn more about this level of customization available to your team, league or club reach out to us today, and we can show you how to implement these features into your next fundraiser.